What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is inflammation of the joints in one or more areas of the body. Joints are the points where the bones meet. Arthritis mostly occur in adults but it is also possible in teens, children and even babies. There are nearly 4.6 million adults in America who are affected by arthritis these days and this number keeps growing from year to year. In most cases, arthritis causes pain and swelling in the joints. People diagnosed with arthritis usually have difficulty in moving their body. They possibly cannot do their daily tasks well anymore due to the inflammation that causes stiffness and pain in the joints. Nowadays, arthritis is considered as a main cause of disability in America.
Types of Arthritis
Actually, there are more than 100 types of arthritis in which most types are less common. There are 4 common types of arthritis and the following are brief descriptions of each type.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as wear and tear arthritis and identified as degenerative joint arthritis. There are more than 3.3 million people in America affected by this type of arthritis. Basically, the cause of osteoarthritis is the overuse of joints that commonly happens in athletes, sport enthusiasts, dancers, aging people, and overweight people. The joint overuse makes the cartilage lose its elasticity so that when people move, the tendons and ligaments are stretched and the bones may rub each other.
Rheumatoid arthritis is inflammatory arthritis that affects more than 1.3 million people in America these days in which about 76% of the affected people are women. This condition is considered as an autoimmune disease. Because of this autoimmune disease, body’s own immune system attacks & destroys healthy body tissues by mistake.
Rheumatoid arthritis should be treated well because it may cause deformity if left untreated.
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis affects children at the age of 16 or less. There are 3 types of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: (1) Pauciarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, (2) Polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and (3) systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. The first is the most common, the second is less common, and the third is the least common.
Infectious arthritis is usually caused by bacteria but it could also be caused by fungi or viruses.
What Causes Arthritis in the Knee?
There are two types of arthritis that affect knee; they are rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Basically, arthritis in the knee can develop because of a combination of several factors such as aging, obesity, heredity, and joint injury. Aging people experience osteoarthritis because this type of arthritis is a degenerative joint disease. When people are getting older, their muscles become weak and the gradual deterioration of cartilage become severe. The older the people are, the higher the chance to develop knee pain or pain behind the knee. People with obesity can be affected by the knee joint because their weight gives more stress to their knee. Joint injury can lead to post traumatic arthritis in which it has the same characteristics as osteoarthritis. Knee arthritis that is caused by joint injury might develop after some years of a knee injury.
Symptoms of Arthritis in the Knee
There are 7 symptoms of arthritis in the knee.
- Gradual increase of pain with activities: Arthritis pain usually increase gradually even though in some cases it begins suddenly. At first, you might only feel pain slightly when you do nothing but as the pain increases gradually, you might feel the pain when you climb stairs or walk.
- Swelling or tenderness of the joint: When you wake up in the morning, you might notice that your knee is swollen. This can become the symptom of knee pain because the inflammation in the joint can form extra fluids in the knee. If the skin around your knee becomes red and feels hot when you touch it, you should think that it might be knee arthritis.
- Knee buckles and joint locks: Knee arthritis can make muscles around knee to become weak over time. As a result, knee might buckle and joint might lock. This condition usually forbids you to move easily because you probably cannot bend your knee. If the condition comes and goes frequently, you must be aware that it might be pain behind knee or Anterior Knee Pain.
- Cracking sounds on knee: The loss of smooth cartilage that acts as the cushion of your bones causes the bones to rub each other. This condition creates a grinding sensation, possibly cracking sounds on your knee and severe pain.
- Limited range of motion: Knee arthritis limits the range of your motion. You can easily notice this condition when you do your daily activities. As an example, you will not be able to climb stairs easily if you have arthritis in the knee as your range of motion is restricted. The worse the arthritis is, the less the range of motion is.
- Loss of joint space: Knee arthritis can form bone spurs. The bone spurs take the joint space so that bones cannot move freely. To know whether there is loss of joint space, an X-ray on the knee can be performed.
- Deformities of the knee: Deformities of your knee can develop if arthritis in your knee is getting worse.
Examination of the Arthritic Knee at YouTube
What are Some Knee Arthritis Alternative Treatments?
There are several treatment options for arthritis in the knee.
- Exercises for Knee Arthritis: Basically, exercises for knee arthritis are intended to reduce pain and improve function of the knee. Doing an exercise for knee arthritis can help increase the range of motion and the flexibility of the knee. There should be activity modification in order to reduce the stress on the knee.
- Drug Treatment: Drug treatment is used to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation. For this purpose, oral steroids and anti inflammatory medicines are commonly used to treat the condition.
- Therapies: Physical therapy can help strengthen the muscle in the leg so that affected people will have strong legs. People can work with a physical therapist to get the best result of their therapy.
- Surgical options: Surgical options can completely solve knee arthritis problem but it is not the best option for all affected people. Basically, a knee surgery is for people with limited arthritis.
Arthritis is a disease that affects the joints in older people. In which, the cartilage is depleted causing the bones to rub each other. The result is excruciating pain and in some cases, deformity. Arthritis sufferers have long sought relief from this debilitating disease, but so far, existing treatments have been less than ideal leaving some of them to seek natural remedies for arthritis.
Heretofore, aspirin and other NSAIDs are the preferred treatment, but these drugs are yet to provide sufferers with adequate relief. And topical solutions and ointments are no better. Their only alternative was invasive operations for joint replacements, or injecting artificial substances that mimic the body’s natural cartilage loss to the disease, which are very expensive.
Fortunately, there is another alternative: PROVAILEN. Unlike other drugs, Provailen uses natural anti-inflammatories to attack the arthritis at its source and gives immediate relief to your joints.
- Reshi Fungi: Helps to control immune functions
- Tongkat Ali: Helps relieve muscle atrophy
- Capsaicin: used as a carrier that helps Provailen’s other ingredients work better
Provailen’s three-pronged attack gives arthritis sufferers the relief they’ve been searching for at an affordable price and without a prescription. So, if you would like to try this amazing product and experience immediate relief, contact us by clicking here.